HypnoBirthing – The Mongan Method is a creative toolbox of knowledge and empowerment where we use natures most precious gifts to achieve your unique and desired birth goals. HypnoBirthing is also viewed as a philosophy that allows the mother to achieve a purely instinctive birth, empowering herself and baby through connecting mind and body. It is a creative toolbox of knowledge and empowerment for birth preparation and postpartum. It encompasses the psychological, spiritual and physical well being of both mother and baby. The outcome of using HypnoBirthing allows mother to baby to achieve not only the unique birthing goals to her but also for life. These empowering methods give a positive approach to the birthing environment, they involve deep relaxation, self hypnosis, special breathing techniques, visualizations and affirmations to achieve a joyful safe and gentle birth.
In recent years birthing has been particularly led by patriarchal fashion and outdated practices that have come to make birth a rather unnecessarily unpleasant experience with needless interventions and families left with trauma that needs healing. Birth is something that should be celebrated, it should be a couples most greatest achievement and not their greatest fear. It is a sacred act of love that should be honoured, respected and achieved in joyful loving surroundings. HypnoBirthing is a truly magical tool that ignites our inner knowledge and strength allowing us the navigate through any challenges we may face with calm and confidence. I do personally believe knowledge is power!
HypnoBirthing is highly empowering for cesarean and can be used for any type of birth you are planning. This is an evidence based course that has been used and practiced for over 30 years with thousands of beautiful testimonials, videos and more. Its all about sharing the love and working together to achieve a beautiful, gentle birth and joyful life.
“How would you prepare for a Marathon? Would you get your mindset right? would you train? would you commit to the exercise regime and get your body ready to work at optimum level? Would you have a great team around you and to keep you going when you need a emotional support?”
This is how we can view birth – thinking about what is important to us as people but also as creative beings, what we value and the meaning of life and love.
I’m a HypnoBirthing Mum too!
HypnoBirthing gave me the opportunity to have a beautiful, calm and empowering birth in the freedom of my own home. It was my first birth but I knew exactly what I was doing, I trusted in my body and its ability to birth naturally. and I had advocated for myself, I had the amazing support of my loving husband and my beautiful friend Bethany. This invaluable, most precious experience gave me the drive and passion to learn more about HypnoBirthing and become an Educator so that I could share this gift with other parents on their magical life journey. I believe that love, equality, freedom an respect are paramount for mother and baby in achieving their desired birth. I have cherished these gifts from my birth and used them in my life going forward, it is more than just birth preparation but rather a gift to enjoy the this truly magical transformation in life.
“When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth with change”
Marie Mongan – Founder of HypnoBirthing
Birth Preparation is a very overlooked investment, it is so easy to buy material objects like a pram, other accessories and things we may enjoy for short periods of time. Speaking from experience as a HypnoBirthing Mother I truly see that this preparation also prepared me for my life going forward and imprinted on my memory for life along with all the tools I still use today. It allowed me to build a strong connected to myself, birth and truly honour becoming a mother but also evolved as a woman and equal being in this world. Taking this course for myself meant I could navigate easily around any obstacles and know my choices and honour my birthright, I believe becoming a mother is an enrichment program and therefore should have the necessary support, time to prepare, love and respect that it deserves.
Introduction to HypnoBirthing
If you would like more information about HypnoBirthing I highly recommend booking in for a free ‘Gentle Birth Information session‘. These can be held individually or as a group and I will outline significant points about the workshops and what will be included. Please fill out the form at the end of this page to arrange an intial consultation 🙂
What is included in the information session:
- Introductions and what has brought you here.
- Birth Statistics.
- HypnoBirthing History and philosophy.
- Benefits of using HypnoBirthing.
- How we will achieve this through the course.
- Outlining the 5 Modules we cover.
- The 5 Secrets to achieve the birth of your dreams, instinctive and amazing.
- What your investment covers and what you will have achieved once the course is completed.
- Questions and any further discussion.
The birth companion(s) have an integral and highly important role as equal participant in pregnancy, preparing for birth and postpartum so joining these sessions together is important.
HypnoBirthing 5 week workshop
This consists of the full HypnoBirthing Course enjoyed in 2.5 hour sessions over 5 weeks, so that it is easy to digest in a bite size approach. Over these sessions we cover
- Myths about pregnancy and labour.
- Evidence based information on Birth
- HypnoBirthing History and Advantages.
- How the uterus works including our body’s perfect design and natures gifts in order for us to achieve a gentle and beautiful birth.
- The Autonomous Nervous System – benefits of Endorphins and Oxytocin.
- The laws of the Mind.
- Understanding care providers and the birthing environment.
- Knowledge on all your birthing choices, and how to navigate around any challenges.
- HypnoBirthing breathing techniques.
- Releasing fear and limiting beliefs – taking back your power.
- Visualisation techniques.
- Benefits of Relaxation and Hypnosis with class scripts and home-play
- Nutritional Guidelines.
- Birth companions role and advocacy for mother and baby.
- Natural ways to initiate labour.
- Your Birth preferences.
- Birth rehearsal and your understanding your body’s perfect design.
- Birth positions and natures toolkit for turning baby to ideal position for birth.
- Fourth Trimester, Bonding and Breastfeeding.
Each session has the relevant home-play to enjoy until the next session so that the understanding of how it works becomes known, experienced and eventually second nature 🙂 Alongside the 5 week workshop you will also receive:
- The HypnoBirthing Book – The Mongan Method and CD.
- Rainbow Relaxation MP3 which includes 5 different recordings.
- A notebook and ‘only happy birth stories badge’.
- Class handouts including a birth preferences template and any further dedicated research needed for your individual birth goals.
- A ‘keep calm I’m a HypnoBirthing Mum’ goodie bag with a some birthing day essentials and treats 🙂
- Online and phone support leading up to birth and after.
personalised Birth and Postpartum options
If the 5 week course does not appeal to you and you prefer a more integrated Birth and Postpartum or Personalised empowerment workshop we can create a unique session for you and your partner. These would be either 90 minute or 3 hour single sessions. Please contact me for a free phone or zoom chat to discuss simple options and other services I can offer within them. Looking forward to creating an empowerment journey with you.
If you are already a HypnoBirthing parent and would like to refresh your knowledge there are various options to select from.
- Private one on one sessions for 90 minutes or 3 hours each.
- Single unit revision – this is a great option if you want to go over all the scripts again or if you want to select an individual session for example a repeat of session 4.
- An option to do the course again at discounted cost.
- other options can be discussed on consultation alongside any additional resources you may need.
For more information on HypnoBirthing please contact me below for a free consultation and information session.
For All Course Dates please see the Workshop tab in the menu 🙂
Happy HypnoBirthing with Love and Joy